It's 3 a.m. and the phone is ringing in the White House. Who do you want to answering the phone. It's that famous Clinton ad that ran during the 2008 presidential primary. A few days ago we found out what happens when Trump answers the phone at 3 a.m. It's the president of Turkey calling to let him know that he was attacking the Kurds in Syria and wanted us to remove our troops from Syria. We all know what happened after that phone call.
That same morning, Trump announced (without talking to his advisors, the pentagon, military leaders, or Central Command), that he was pulling our troops from the border. The next day Turkey began bombing our allies in Syria who assisted us in the military campaign to defeat ISIS with only six casualties from the US while suffering the loss of over 12,000 of their fighters. They are now suffering casualties in the 100’s with more casualties ever hour. What kind of country have we become to allow the president of the United States to give the green light for genocide of innocent civilians. I am still trying to figure out what we got in return, or to put it another way, what did Trump get out of it.
The main beneficiaries of this decision is Russia, Turkey, Syria, and Iran.
1) The second largest country in the European Union, a member of NATO, and a major ally and biggest arms buying country in all of Europe, aligning themselves closer to Russia and further away from the US.
2) An ally of the United States who fought alongside us to defeat ISIS. The same ones who kept our loses to only six members compared to 12,000 troops lost on theirs. and who are now having their women and children slaughtered, and relying on Syria and Russia to protect them. The next generation will become enemies of the United States for abandoning them.
3) The release of over 12,000 ISIS and their families who were being held by the Kurds are now escaping or being released and are heading to the countryside to begin a resurgence of ISIS throughout the world.
4) We have given Syria to the Russians who will gain an almost complete authority in the mid-east, by giving Russia's influence, Iran's dominance, and Turkey's new alliance with Russia. They will have major influence of oil fields which they can manipulate supply and prices that would be beneficial to their oil production. They will control the Straights of Hamouz, and the entrance to the waterways of the Middle East.
5) Russia will be able to use their new alliance with Turkey to gain hold of the military capabilities, future military plans, documents, strength of equipment, troop deployment, and top secret strategy for NATO and the US. They will also have a direct path to the European Union to spread propaganda, to move members of ISIS and other military groups by way of Turkey.
6) They are also on the doorstep along with Syria, Lebanon, Iran to keep Israel in check or even to a pre-emptive strike against them
7) There will also be a resurgence of 12,000 ISIS fighters with Trump saying that he will send them to Europe.
So we are running with our tails behind our backs out of Syria over a threat from a NATO and US over an attack into another country. We have seen Trump conducting secret talk is dictators, oligarchs, and authoritative rule all over the world. Including leaders from the taliban from Afghanistan instead of the government, Trump unilaterally ended military drills with South Korea over a one on one meeting with North Korea. Fought to have Russia rejoin the G-7 organization, and now we have given the Mid-East to Russia.
Three years ago we were regarded as a global leader around the world, now we have retreated from our global responsibility and opened up the world for countries like China and Russia to to replace the US as global powers that will allow them to push their own power around the world. If we continue to allow this to happen, it will take years if not decades to reverse the damage and place the US in more danger that anytime in American history. Now is the time to make a decision on who do you want to answer the phone at 3 a.m. in the morning.